Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Good Progress But School Work Again

Well, I've done some work, ordering, and planning over the past couple weeks...

First, what I've gotten done.
In order to put the dash back together I needed to finish wiring the car for the accessories I'm adding (power door locks, remote, bumper sensor, etc.). However, in order to add the power door locks I needed to recondition the doors first. This meant cleaning and treating the rust and adding insulation.  I spent a weekend tearing down the driver's side door and then doing the rust treatment. While I was waiting for that to dry, I worked on getting the door panel and its parts ready. Also continued planning for the speaker enclosure. The weekend before last I finished applying the insulation to the door and was about to put everything together when I realized I didn't want to put rusty bolts back in the door. I looked all over town for replacement bolts, no one had quite the right size. Ended up ordering them, so the door still isn't back together. I'm waiting to finish that door before starting on the passenger side.


This last weekend I worked on getting the rest of the remote door locks wired up. I had to wire in multiple relays. Rather than have the wires free inside the car, I made packs of wires and used connectors.  After getting everything connected, I tested it and everything but the parking light flashing works.
This used to be where the seat belt interlock bypass switch was located
Shortened remote module wires and added locking connectors
The relay allows remote system to work with the original alarm
On to the ordering...
I have the DeWitts radiator with electric fans and the CVR electric water pump.  Recently, I got Spectre stainless steel braided radiator hoses (the kit came with some other hoses as well).  A larger alternator is on order so that there's enough power and I'm in the process of ordering a billet aluminum serpentine conversion kit from March Performance.

Also over the weekend I picked up a set of seats from a 1985 Fiero.  They look like hell right now, but reading through the recovering instructions from the seat cover manufacturer, they should be good enough (Mr. Mikes).  Fiero seats are a common upgrade for C3 Corvettes.  They offer better support and more comfort.
There were some rims sitting in the seats for a long time.
The car had speakers built into the head rests, these will be removed.


No comments:

Post a Comment