Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Quick Status Update

Over the weekend I got the light flashing for the remote figured out.  I have to tap the wires coming directly from the steering column and there's no way to do it without wire taps/splitters.  Unless I want to pay for the connectors to make a pass-thru adapter.  Honestly buying the connectors would be more money than it's worth so I just used taps on the old wire (didn't want to hurt the new wiring harness).  It also turns out that I will need a total of 4 relays to get it to work. I ordered a 4PDT relay to make it nicer, had a single SPDT relay, and it should be here shortly.

Tested out the power window motors before I started putting things back together.  Somehow the driver's side motor died while it was pulled out.  Can't figure out how.  Also did some testing with a multimeter on the wiring harness, the drivers side was bad and the passenger side was just adequate.  Since all the relays and other wiring are new, it came down to a bad power window wiring harness.  That's one that I had repaired so I wouldn't have to buy a new one.  It's a pretty simple harness, so it seemed easy enough to fix.  Moving the wiring around made voltages change, so at least one of the wires is bad internally.  Ordered a new harness and motor to make it guaranteed to be good.  The parts should be here end of the week or early next week.

In the final stages of getting the engine accessories ordered.  Dealing with March Performance for the mounting brackets and pulley system (unfortunately have to get a different type of power steering pump too) and Vintage Air for the A/C compressor and system.  When I'm done with the radiator, water pump, bracket, and accessory upgrade, it seems like the car should be somewhere around 100 lbs lighter in the front end.  A little worried about how the shocks are going to react.

No comments:

Post a Comment