Saturday, February 25, 2012

Final Design of Speaker Enclosure

So I sat down and calculated the volume in my previous speaker enclosure design.  It was quite low even if I took into account that poly batting would add 15-18% to the calculated volume.  So I tweaked the design a little bit.

The depth is now the maximum I feel comfortable with and I removed a messy angle that was going to be a pain to make.  I actually measured where the connectors on the amp are located to come up with where cut-outs would be located.  Also scaled down the size of the wire conduit after measuring the thickness of the entire bundle of wires.  The final volume for the sub, assuming a 15% increase for the poly, is approximately 0.47 cubic feet (manufacturer suggested between 0.4-0.6 and optimal at 0.5).

I have everything I need to build this except the glue and MDF...  Next step is to mock up the sides with cardboard so the box will fit snug.


No comments:

Post a Comment