Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Trying to find the time

It seems like I've been fairly busy lately and just haven't had the time to work on the car.  Did take a few days break because I felt like I was neglecting the wife...

I was working on reconditioning the doors.  Since I'm doing power locks, I had to figure out how to wire the modules into the system.  Been doing a lot of testing with the multimeter and doing trial circuits to make sure things operate.  I did unfortunately burn out one of my new LEDs (the rear "dome" light).  However, after all the testing I have run the wire into the driver's side door and figured out how to wire the system up to the original alarm, dome lights, parking lights, and siren.  So it's just a matter of finding time to work...

Got lots of parts waiting for me to finish the interior work.
  • Complete parking/emergency brake stainless steel rebuild kit
  • Aluminum radiator with dual electric fans
  • Electric water pump
I've just ordered the subwoofers, component speakers, and amplifier that I'm going to install in the back.  My initial design was used to just make sure everything was going to fit the way I want.  I really don't want to show off the giant stereo (in my opinion that's something high school kids do...), so I'm working to make the speaker box as minimal as possible.  A friend of mine that has built speaker before is advising me on the design.  Too bad the head unit I want is out yet.  In case you're wondering here's what I've got so far for it:
Here's my initial design...  Measurements are approximate and the volume is insufficient for the subwoofer specs so there's going to be modifications, but at least you can see where I'm going with this.

No comments:

Post a Comment