Thursday, April 5, 2012

Got Lots Out!

So needed to get the radiator support out before the weekend so it could be looked at by a welder.  Since it's Easter weekend, there's probably going to be a bunch of sales with the Corvette catalogs (know of one already).  Anyway, after dinner I started unbolting and pulling...


Well, I got most of the hoses for the A/C system out, but still have the main refrigerant lines and the metal lines still in the car.  Getting the A/C coolant lines out was annoying.  Antifreeze didn't completely drain from the hose and when I pulled it off the evaporator all the antifreeze came running out on me.  All over my arm and shirt.  Of course I immediately wiped myself down and got a new shirt...  Nothing like having poison on you!  Anyway, here's what the side looks like now, the hose on the left is the main refrigerant line.
And the pile of stuff removed has grown...  Not having the radiator shroud will be awesome!  That thing is a huge PITA to deal with.  Will have to get the radiator support checked out tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment